Thursday 1 March 2012

PROTECTOR

Orbit paperback, 1979 reprint. Cover painting by Peter Jones.

"PHSSTHPOK THE PAK had been travelling for most of his 32,000 years - his mission, to save, develop and protect the group of Pak breeders sent out into space some 2 ½ million years before... 
BREENAN WAS A BELTER, the product of a fiercely independent, somewhat anarchic society living in, on, and around an outer asteroid belt. The Belters were rebels one and all, and Brennan was a smuggler. The Belt worlds had been tracking the Pak ship for days - Brennan figured to meet that ship first... 
He was never seen again - at least not in the form of Homo sapiens."

I'm finding it a bit bizarre than in the five years that I've been posting on this blog, this is the first of my Larry Niven novels I've posted. What I've also noticed is I'm still to put Heinlein's Starship Troopers up. What gives?

No comments: